keskiviikko 30. tammikuuta 2013

Les is not More in my Sister's House



It's all about details

When you step into my sister's house you enter to an other world. You can see so many things from so many countries, times and cultures that you cannot believe your eyes. Most of the items are part of my sister's and her husband's work: Lasse is a documantar film maker and my sister Eila makes animation movies. 
They live next to me in a big wooden house, which was built 1980. The architect Pekka Linkola designed the house both for living and working.
Last week when I visited them the light was so soft and wintery that I wanted to take some pictures. I had only  my iPone, so the quality is not good but never mind. The atmosphere was special. 
Eila promised me that I can show the pics in my blog, 
so welcome!






Big windows open the wiev to the inner patio. Teepots and jugs are for use, Eila and Lasse like to drink  a lot of tea.



 TEila's study wiev. She loves to make ceramics. The old jug she made many years ago.




Eila's study wall is covered with drawings of the coming project. The golden mirror reflects the light beutifully.



 
 A drawing of a garden lion for the next project.


    
The stairs. Upstairs there are liwing and working areas. Downstairs are badhroom, sauna, filmlaboratio and the store. The family has two cats, Tippa and Kuikka.


Upstairs badroom and Eila's litlle things.


Lasse has red walls in his studyroom. Eila has made the paining and the relief is a detail study of my father's relief. 


Lasse's study window. The Tiffany -styled lamp is made by a family friend Annukka Ritalahti



Lasse's old, sweet cat 



Lasse's study is full of newspapers, pictures, children's drawings, books...



Memory from Cuba, Lasse was spending some time there when he was a young documentarist. 



A happy Dolphin on Lasse's table.


















1 kommentti:

  1. Mahtavia kuvia! Tunnelmaa! Mitä esineet voikaan kertoa omistajistaan!

    VastaaPoista